Madeleine Threlkeld September 9, 2021 Form
In the state of Arizona, payment of Transaction Privileges Tax may be avoided when a business purchases inventory for resale for which the buyer is then issued a Resale Certificate.
It is a form officially released by the Arizona Department of Revenue as a reason and proof that sales tax collection on a transaction can be waived.
The seller can request valid evidence in the form of a resale certificate to the buyer explaining that the product will indeed be resold.
The buyer is required to fill in the application of form AZ 5000A, sign it and then the seller can pick it up when the sale occurs.
There may be some people who are confused about how to distinguish the two forms.
Arizona Form 5000 is a certificate used for documenting and establishing the basis of the exemption or reduction of the TPT tax burden in the state of Arizona.
In essence, use of the Arizona 5000 form is prohibited if:
The Arizona Tax Privilege Transaction Procedure TPP 17-1 which contains general instructions and guidelines for taxpayers, can be used as the basis for filling out the resale certificate application form in Arizona, including:
1. Buyer information, fill in:
2. Buyer’s Business Nature.
3. Purchase purpose.
4. Fill in the various facts that form the basis for determining the appropriate exception. For example, information relating to the purchase of property along with its use.
5. Buyer’s TPT license is still valid.
6. Certificate from the certifier showing authority on behalf of the buyer, along with his signature.
7. Another document for additional verification that is useful for proving the validity of the information filled in the form.
2. Check Applicable Box. Choose one by checking:
3. Precise Nature of Purchaser’s Business. Fill in the blanks accurately with the aim that vendors no longer need to ask for the information that is filled in.
4. Certification. Contains a statement from the applicant, regarding:
5. The applicant writes the date, mentions the name, and puts his signature.