Matilda Havelock September 5, 2021 Affidavit
When an individual wants to make sure that he is a resident of a certain area or state, then he can show evidence in the form of proof of residence.
In addition, when individuals wish to participate in a selection in several programs or obtain special benefits in their area of residence, this letter is commonly used as proof of eligibility.
This is a legal document under oath that the individual author uses as a residence confirmation letter. In various circumstances, this affidavit of residence will be very useful for:
Even when you take care of matters relating to the property and assets of a deceased person. There is a requirement that requires you to verify the address of the deceased by sending this affidavit of residency to the local financial institution as the authority that will release the funds and accounts of the deceased.
Before the drafting process of the affidavit begins, you should first learn about the law and the various requirements for submitting this document. After you learn it, the following guidelines for writing an affidavit of residence will be easier for you to understand:
1. Affiant’s information, including:
2. State the address of the individual, entity or institution requesting the written affidavit.
3. Specify the Affiant’s address, such as:
4. Confirmation statement that the document is made in truth.
5. Fill in the date of the affidavit and put your signature in front of the notary.
6. The original copy is submitted to the requester, while the Affiant keeps a copy.
7. Send the affidavit of residence using a certified mail.
When you just moved, of course you don’t have official documents that prove your place of residence. In fact, there are often requirements that require you to show proof of your address.
In this case, after you move, try to immediately fill in the affidavit of residence and show your valid photo identification at the same time.
However, in certain conditions, your affidavit documents may be deemed insufficient, you can show other documents that are considered valid for confirmation of residence, for example: