Mia Dakin March 14, 2022 Affidavit
Based on the cases that have often occurred,the use of affidavits has indeed helped a lot to speed up the process of resolving various inheritance problems without going through approval of a court at all.
it is a tool that has an important role in determining heirs when the deceased person does not make a will. In addition,this heir statement is also commonly applied to cases where the deceased person has distributed a will before his/her death.
This is a legal document used in determining the whereabouts of a deceased person’s heir where without giving a will,family members usually prepare documents in the form of:
1. Affidavit of Heirship for a House. This document is commonly used by family members of a deceased person to apply for ownership rights in the form of a plot of land or a house.
2. Affidavit of Heirship for a Motor Vehicle. This letter is used to validate the possession of personal belongings of a deceased person,in the form of a car or other vehicle.
Filling out or completing the Affidavit of Heirship form must be done by a person who is really close to the deceased’s family,which is referred to as an Affiant. A person who must also know how the marriage history of the deceased.
An affiant is an outsider who knows the family of the deceased,so affiant is not an heir and is prohibited from taking any advantage/ claim of the estate left by the deceased.
After the document is completed,it is signed and sealed by a notary.
You can use the following guidelines as a reference in completing or filling out the Statement of Heirs:
1. Affiant must include information about the person who died,such as:
2. Affiant must include information about himself:
3. Affiant wrote:
4. Affiant explains the information:
5. If the deceased is married,explain about:
6. Detailed information about family members of the deceased.
7. Information about grandchildren born to biological children (if any):
8. Enter the information of the adopted child who has died (if any):
9. In the case that the deceased has never been married or has no children,state the following information:
10. If the affiant does not know the living relatives of the deceased mentioned above,then ask them to submit data on the closest living relatives,and provide evidence of a relationship with the deceased.
11. Affiant entered the date of creation of the document and affixed his signature.
The completed documents are then sent to the authorized county where the deceased resides for recording process.
For verification purposes,Affiant then asked the County Clerk to return the recorded documents.