Taylah Hoad September 4, 2021 Affidavit
Affidavit of support represents the commitment of the applicant (commonly referred to as a sponsor) to the immigrant to contribute financially or repay financial reimbursement to the government agency where the immigrant has made a claim.
It is a document that must be written and signed by the individual containing a statement of sponsorship and consent to the use of his/ her financial resources to be used as a support and guarantee of financial responsibility.
For example,there are parents who want their children to continue studies at US universities,then this affidavit of support is needed as a form of proof that the student has received financial guarantees.
In the case that the sponsor’s finances are found to be insufficient to be used as assistance,then additional support may be included as co-sponsor.
The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) has issued a special document that found in the USCIS Form I-134,which the sponsor must complete as a supporter of potential immigrants or visa applicants.
Information that is usually listed in the Affidavit of Support that you must complete includes the following:
1. Sponsor/ Affiant information. Write and complete the following data:
2. Recipient information.
3. Statements from sponsors explain the ability to provide financial assistance to individual recipients of support.
4. Except for the beneficiaries listed in this letter,provide information about the people who depend on you for assistance.
5. Sponsor/Affiant job information.
6. A statement explaining that all the information that has been provided is true and honest.
7. Affiant’s signature and the date the document was made witnessed by a public notary.
8. Signature on stamp duty (sealed) by a notary.