Matilda Havelock August 29, 2021 Letter
On certain occasions,businesses often have to issue a statement of apology to the customer. Unfortunately,not all companies are able to do this effectively.
Apology requires an art,every company should master this element. None other than,in order to maintain business continuity in the future and maintain customer loyalty.
Through an apology letter to a customer,it is possible for a business to avoid the negative stigma that can result in the destruction of its reputation in the future. Even though you have been careful in running your business,one day the time will come for you as a business owner to write an apology letter.
Worries about legal consequences for admitting wrongdoing,many companies prohibit their representatives from saying “I`m sorry”. Instead of wanting to be safe,this kind of attitude can actually provoke customer anger.
Together with customers acknowledging reality and then companies admitting mistakes is a more powerful course of action. Many customers value an apology more than a wad of money or other “deny and defend” approaches.
Whether you realize it or not,getting to court is far more expensive than an effective and targeted apology.
The skill to know how to take responsibility for omissions and mistakes is a must,not only in the business area,but in personal life as well.
Basically humans have a natural instinct to defend themselves. This is a very difficult provision to break,therefore to make it easier to write an apology letter (especially to) customers in a good and effective manner,the tips below are appropriate to use:
1. Start by greeting the customer who received the apology letter,then state the reason that the letter was written to apologize.
2. Admitting mistakes clearly and showing regret explicitly with the words of “
I`m sorry” is very powerful to attract attention and touch the heart of the recipient of the letter. Customers will be sure if you are really responsible for what happens.
3. Show the customer receiving the letter that you have reviewed the matter and fully understand about the incident.
4. Express your plans and efforts to correct mistakes,making those details in writing.
5. Show your emotional and vulnerable feelings to the recipient of the letter. If there is a formal form for this,you can write it down.